Join in!

Attend the Kick-off Celebration with Grace Lin on Saturday, May 14, 2011 from 12:00 - 3:00 at the RI State House!
Join a discussion group or program at your local public library, June - August 2011!


Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Chat with Kate Klise, part 9

This interview was conducted by Emily Brown, Children's Librarian at the Mt. Pleasant Library in Providence, for the 2010 summer reading booklet.  

Question (Emily Brown): Do you have a favorite page or picture in Regarding the Fountain?
Answer (Kate Klise):  I always laugh when I see the picture on page 64 of the waitress slipping and spilling a pot of tea. The book was finished and ready to be printed with Sarah sent me that drawing with a note: "Can't we fit this in somewhere?" My first reaction was, "No! The book's done! Please stop sending me artwork!" But then an hour later, I thought: Wait. She's right. And that's when Florence had the spill-ended idea for the fountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment